Jun 11, 2015
BigTuna Interactive is looking for an Interactive Producer. This person is a leader that possesses strong organizational skills, is attentive to detail and will serve as the point of accountability for our projects. You also need to have experience building websites using Drupal or WordPress. You will be charged with the success of our projects, bringing them in on time and in budget while thrilling our clients.
You will report to BigTuna’s Founder. On a daily basis you will be responsible for both oversight and production of digital projects for clients including user experience, creative, web and online marketing. We will look to you to be proactive in your client relationships, constantly on the lookout for creative ways to exceed their business goals. An Interactive Producer manages not only creative and development project teams, but other producers supporting specific projects.
We’re looking for someone that can wear multiple hats, understand web strategies, and can help build our clients business.
- Manage large projects or multiple projects at the same time
- Work in an independent fashion, solve problems, make decisions, and communicate effectively in difficult situations.
- Our team is spread out around the country and you must be comfortable working with remote team members.
- You will provide inspiration to your project teams by communicating a vision for the project
- Help train our team of producers on our processes and general project management skills
- You will be the main point of contact with clients, in charge of managing expectations and exceeding them. During all meetings you will ensure that stated objectives are met and agendas are kept
- Scope projects with a high degree of accuracy, define requirements and metrics for success
- Ensure that all deliverables meet or exceed BigTuna Interactive’s incredibly high standards of creativity and functionality. Delivering amazing results in a way that does not jeopardize budget or schedule is your specialty
- You are adept at working independently and proactively, always looking for the best ways to accomplish client goals. You also communicate clearly in difficult situations
- Take part in the development of new business and attend local Austin advertising/marketing events.
- You must have past experience as a interactive/digital project manager, or account manager in an agency environment
- Demonstrate high level communication skills, the ability to present and speak to both large and small audiences
- You are a master of negotiation, specifically in writing the Statement of Work for each project
- Show experience running large engagements and concurrent client projects
- Show us examples of projects that you’ve run that met or exceeded business goals while being on time and in budget
- Strong knowledge of web development and online marketing technologies. Knowledge of quality assurance process is required.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required
Please send your resume and salary requirements to email@example.com
Oct 23, 2014
Below is our presentation titled “On Website Optimization” that was presented to Texas State Students during their 2014 Mass Comm Week festivities.
Dec 17, 2012
Drupal SEO, focusing on site optimization, requires dedicated planning time and a solid drupal development strategy. Whether it be a new site, redesign, or new optimization project, the more time you can spend planning your Drupal site foundation, the less likely you will be to have duplicate content, slow page loads, irrelevant page titles and meta description.
In this article, we will discuss the drupal development planning elements needed in order to give your site a chance for Drupal SEO success.
Understand how web pages are created.
To start off, visit your site’s hierarchy and understand how each of your pages will be created. Will they be nodes, views pages, or even views pages created from nodes? Consider the following when determining your content types:
- Do you need custom page titles and meta descriptions? Or, could you automate the process by using default variables ([node:title] | [site:name])?
- Could custom open graph tags help you share your message clearer?
- Do you need to use the canonical tag?
Sep 5, 2012
After two and a half years, we decided it was time to refresh our BigTuna Interactive site. We’ve been super busy and guilty like the dentist with bad teeth. In the past two years since we updated our portfolio and site in general, we have been doing a lot of white label drupal development work for larger agencies, and working on very nice projects with our brand partner, Treeline Interactive.
The new BigTuna Interactive site has the following features:
Apr 30, 2012
We recently hit up a Marketo user group meeting in San Diego. Marketo is a solid program to integrate your Online Marketing efforts, especially if you are interested in lead scoring and marketing automation.
PrintSF.com gave a solid presentation on the integration of their application with SalesForce and Marketo. Although we just do interactive marketing, one good point that Mark from PrintSF brought up was that you don’t need opt-in for print campaigns.
Our experiences with Marketo have been with email marketing and landing page optimization. In the past year, we have evolved our services more from online marketing to web development services, specifically with the Drupal content management system. Marketo was a good match for us because we could integrate our design and development services either within their framework or by customizing their form code into our landing page campaigns.
Jun 7, 2011
To kickoff the tracks at the 2011 San Diego Ad Club Interactive Day, Josh Rose spoke about the creative process and the new social consumer. Key learnings:
- Consider the conversation, not just the content. Comments can have a greater effect on the brand than the original content.
- Feedback from social media should be part of the creative process. Tools like hootsuite, tweetdeck, Lithium, etc are great for social monitoring.
- Causes can be great engagement tools. Continue reading
May 16, 2011
BigTuna Interactive is currently looking to fill an internship position! We are an extremely fun Interactive Agency located in the heart of Mission Beach. This is a great opportunity to learn and network with some of San Diego’s Brighest!
Help to manage day-to-day social media campaigns, email campaigns, SEO, search marketing campaigns and day-to-day activities. Duties include entering/developing email content, keyword research, online advocacy, social media posting, writing editorial, community-outreach efforts, promotions, etc.
Help manage presence in social networking sites including Facebook, Twitter, and other similar community sites, posting on relevant blogs, and seeding content into social applications as needed. Continue reading
Mar 12, 2011
9:30 panel: Mike Kruzeniski, Creative Director for Microsoft gave a steller Saturday morning presentation for How Print Design is the Future of Interaction. He started with a great history of UI design, and then incorporated best practices of print design, as now applied to web design.
- Icons are only useful if everyone understands what it means. This is a great principle to follow.
- Grid based designs speed up your development systems as we as increases the user experience. It helps form the appropriate amount of white and negative space. We’ve been a huge fan of a modified version of the 960 grid system for our web designs.
- The Flipboard RSS reader provides a print page like interface and provides a cleaner RSS reader experiencee.
May 31, 2010
After three weeks of usability testing, we are proud to officially announce the re-launch of BigTuna Interactive’s site! The features of this site are a product of our San Diego web design skills that we have advanced tremendously over the past few years.
Here are some images of the old site. Please click on them for a full screen graphic.
We used these technologies and design techniques on the new BigTuna Interactive website:
Apr 27, 2010
Facebook social plugins are becoming a core component of social media campaigns. Facebook’s api is very robuts; however, their documentation needs some work.