Concepting for Conversation
Date Published: Jun 7, 2011
To kickoff the tracks at the 2011 San Diego Ad Club Interactive Day, Josh Rose spoke about the creative process and the new social consumer. Key learnings:
- Consider the conversation, not just the content. Comments can have a greater effect on the brand than the original content.
- Feedback from social media should be part of the creative process. Tools like hootsuite, tweetdeck, Lithium, etc are great for social monitoring.
- Causes can be great engagement tools.
- Some creative campaigns have a hook. These would be unique product tutorials (will it blend) or jib jab like tools where customers participate in the creative process.
- For crisis management, stay on track by asking your team open ended questions to help find creative solutions. “What if this never happened, what would we do.”
- Focus on making headlines, not reading headlines.
On a whole, Josh’s presentation was solid. It was great to get some behind the scenes look of some wildly successful campaigns.